Software Architect - Unity and .NET
9 days ago
Job Posting TitleSoftware Architect - Unity and .NET
SummaryAristocrat is looking for a Software Architect to oversee the design and development of a next generation game development kit (GDK). The new GDK is built on Unity and .NET for desktop, mobile and cloud deployments. The software architect will work alongside business analyst, QA engineers and software engineers to define flexible and modular components for use in Unity and .NET based software. The components will be used and extended by software engineers in Aristocrat’s game studios. The components will need be efficient in order to work across desktop, mobile and cloud platforms. The quality of the components will be ensured through a combination of unit and integration tests.
This role can be based out of the Aristocrat office in Austin, TX or Las Vegas, NV.
What you'll do
- Review product requirements and specifications from business analyst for technical understanding and feasibility
- Decompose features from business analysts into design documents and architecture diagrams
- Participate in software development planning and estimation based on epics, stories and tasks
- Write correct and efficient C# code when implementing features
- Define and design Unity plugins to accelerate game development workflows
- Write unit tests for new code and coordinate feature development to enable test automation
- Review and provide feedback on existing and new code written by other team members
- Document code with inline comments that convey the purpose of the code
- Follow semantic versioning to communicate compatibility across releases
- Create code examples to demonstrate the purpose of features and fixes
- Review design implementations and bug fixes by software engineers on the team
- Fix issues and extend features based on product requirements and bug reports
- Coordinate software build processes with DevOps engineers to enable continue build and integration
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience in working with teams of 10 or more
- 5 years of experience with C# and Unity as software developer
- 10 years of experience with .NET framework or core
- 4 years of experience with Google Cloud or similar cloud provider (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written English
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.