We create ambitious games in a quietly awesome culture.
That simple statement is at the heart of what we do here at Possibility Space. Founded by a diverse and experienced team of game and media industry veterans, we are built from the ground up as a distributed studio, allowing developers to live and work where they are happiest. We strive to create an environment where we can do our best work regardless of what we look like, who we love, or how we identify.
We are seeking a game designer to craft immersive systems and captivating content through positive social interactions, emergent gameplay, and personalized communities. This position is ideal for an individual who embraces the concept of fostering a strong sense of community and promoting healthy and inclusive interactions, through the implementation of robust features that facilitate sharing and collaboration.
Core Responsibilities and Objectives
- Drive moment-to-moment design and implementation of an interconnected set of social features and communication tools.
- Advocate for the social needs, expectations, and safety of a diverse audience.
- Build social, retention, and engagement features to cultivate and grow the community.
- Design both developer and player tools that support launch features and community experiences.
- Collaborate closely with various disciplines, such as engineering, UX, UI, artists, animators, and audio, to design, document, implement, and iterate on game features and tools.
- Evaluate player feedback and game data to develop forward-looking features that satisfy players’ needs with positive social experiences and content.
- Identify opportunities to create or improve player experiences and collaborate with stakeholders to deliver new features/game updates that delight and grow the community in a positive way.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and test for player needs and behavior, which can be supported through engaging features, content, and healthy social systems.
- Detail-oriented, especially in terms of owning, implementing, and iterating complex systems.
- Typically, 3+ years of experience with modern game development tools such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engines, and comfortable with regularly learning new tools.
- Typically, 3+ years of experience with live game workflows and best practices.
Nice To Have Traits
- Experience working on multiple areas of systems design (progression, economy, etc.).
- Experience being part of online communities (guilds, clans, groups, etc.) as a player or leader.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines.
- Experience working on a cross-platform game, creative tool, or other relevant product.
- Interest in cultural trends, online communities, creator ecosystems, fandoms, remix culture.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possibility Space is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.