Social Systems Designer
San Francisco, CA
6 days ago
Are you are an experienced game designer who has shipped free-to-play social game titles on mobile platforms or the web? Do you strive to come up with the new systems and features that will take social gaming on mobile devices to the next level? Do you find social systems in particular to be an essential part of next-generation casual mobile gaming?
...Do you find, in your current situation, that you are held back from trying these new ideas out?
We are looking for someone who can design deep, interconnected features and systems. The ideal candidate is willing to push the envelope and innovate to help define the next frontier of social systems design in the mobile space. You will be working on the next casual, fun DASH game and having a massive amount of freedom to bring new social systems to life!
Ideally you are passionate about designing for titles in all stages of development, from prototyping, through production, to live operations. You are familiar with all the top mobile titles and bring that wealth of knowledge to bear on content creation, with a deep understanding of the casual player.
If you feel like social systems are your jam, but you are currently being held back and want to spread your wings, we highly encourage you to reach out to us, we want to chat!
Your day to day responsibilities:
- Innovate on social systems to bring a robust, compelling, and unique experience to our players.
- Drive content design and engage our audience with addicting, well-tuned social systems
- Communicate the overall vision and specific feature requirements to the team
- Write clear and concise game design documents
- Break down designs into thorough asset requests
- Drive the initial prototyping, tuning, and iteration of casual game systems
- Embrace a metrics-driven and user research-driven approach to game design, balancing learnings from both quantitative and qualitative data to ensure excellent retention, monetization, and fun.
- Able to design continuously expanding social content
- Source new ideas and draft concept proposals as required
- Understand and contribute to overall company goals and infusing DASH titles with the highest quality content
If your experience shares some traits like this, we'd love to chat:
- 2+ years of free-to-play game design experience on mobile platforms, with a focus on social systems. Minimum total of 4+ years of game design experience.
- Strong familiarity with the casual mobile game market and competitors
- Has shipped numerous mobile and/or social games in a game design role
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and organizational skills required
- Proven user interface and user experience design required
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile manner with Product Managers, Artists, Producers, and Engineers to efficiently deliver excellent games while working within requirements and constraints of technology, schedule and budget
- Ability to rapidly generate and refine extremely innovative social systems with compelling and relatable themes
- Commitment to quality on time execution and team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills essential