This job might no longer be available.
Social Support Specialist
5 days ago
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We want you to join us! We’re hiring a Social Specialist.
The Social Support Advisor, working under the Social Team Lead, will be the key to achieving this goal of world-class support. By identifying and engaging players in need on social channels like Twitter and Facebook, the ideal candidate will be able to understand the nuances of working within social media, and will find creative solutions to a variety of technical and gameplay related issues. Given the unique nature of Social platforms, the Social Support Advisor will be part of a team of highly motivated, multi-lingual support staff who are key contributors in EA’s global support operation.
So how does the Social Specialist make great experiences for players? They:
- Be part of a team focused on assisting players in need, by proactively identifying problems and finding solutions in real-time
- Be an informed and savvy trouble shooter, interacting with thousands of gamers daily on various channels ensuring that every experience is positive, and reflects EA’s brand and mission
- Provide support via EA’s @EAHelp channel and monitor activity across multiple social channels including Facebook and Twitter
- Interact with broader Customer Experience, Studio and Executive team members during peak periods to ensure players receive the best experience possible
- Participate in daily update meetings with the team, providing insight on top contact drivers, process enhancements and social support needs and ideas
- Act as an advocate for our players in identifying and promoting improvements to the EA Support business
- As volumes and business conditions demand, this role may also be called upon to engage players via other social channels, and in partnership with marketing and EA community teams to promote brand loyalty and positive community support for EA’s products
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- 2+ Years of game support, including gameplay, technical and account troubleshooting for various platforms and devices
- Must be fluent in English
- Professional experience with community and social platforms
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in writing, editing and public content creation
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and problem solving skills in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to adhere to appropriate performance metrics, including SLAs and resolution percentages
- Ability to keep calm and collected – even during periods of high pressure
- Flexibility to work shift and non-standard hours and days of the week
- Demonstrate excellent typing and data entry skills
- Previous experience with various social media channels and communities, blogs, and YouTube
- Tech savvy, with a focus on multi-platform solutions (PC/Mac, Console, Handheld and Mobile devices)
- Additional fluency in other languages is a welcome bonus
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for EA games
- Appropriate mix of ‘gamer mentality’ and professionalism
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.