Social Media and Community Manager
Southam England GB
11 days ago
As Social & Community Manager at Codemasters, you will be part of a passionate marketing team, whose aim is to spread our message far and wide to our community of players and build the next generation of racing advocates.
The S&C Manager is responsible for the maintenance and growth of Codemasters’ social and owned channels from announcement through to post launch; manage relationships with influencers and define a strategy to help grow and take content beyond the core community; manage external relationships with Community Managers including Xbox, PlayStation, Fanatec and build content plans that can be amplified across partner channels; write blog posts for Codemasters and channel websites and work with the Director of Communications to align announcements across all platforms.
This role will see you take responsibility for your own titles and support the Social Managers when needed. You will work closely with the studios to learn about the games and establish key spokespeople for video content across all relevant channels. You will identify community issues/talking points and offer consultancy on best course of action. This role enjoys a lot of autonomy but requires someone who can work as part of a team.
Though we’d prefer a proven track record in social and community management in the games industry, we will consider those stepping up to the next level in their careers as well as those looking for a new opportunity.
We are recruiting for a diverse team and continuing to develop our culture of growth and inclusion. We look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, develop and grow the company’s presence across, YouTube (biggest priority), Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and emerging Social Media platforms (brand and game pages) – be at the forefront of change
- Implement Codemasters’ influencer network. Create content opportunities across all Codemasters titles and extend our programs beyond core racing fans
- Develop and execute strategies to engage influencers including YouTubers and Twitch streamers, maintaining current relationships and forging new partnerships
- Manage incoming influencer and community requests
- Manage and execute community-facing initiatives including livestreams, developer diaries/updates and competitions
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and materials for social media channels
- Potential to be the new ‘face’ of Codemasters’ video content (not essential)
- Customer support – answer questions (predominantly social focused) and manage any online feedback system
- Create strategic plans and recommend and implement new community features as appropriate
- Develop, coach and train social team. Maintain team motivation and productivity
- Establish KPIs for titles. Monitor and measure the success of community engagement and provide reports for executives.
- Identify and report on community trends to internal teams and advise on potential opportunities or risks.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience in community management social media and forums
Degree educated or equivalent work experience
- Passion for social media and understanding of how to engage and grow channels
- Excellent in-depth understanding of all relevant social media platform
- Ongoing awareness and interest in trends across social media
- Great with people and good communication skills. Must be able to build new relationships
- Ability to handle multiple projects, while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Operating in a collaborative environment
- Well-developed organisational skills.
- Must be Computer literate (Microsoft Office products and Slack, Skype etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant sporting audiences and understanding of esports
- Interest in video games is essential. Interest in motor racing is preferred but not essential
- Experience with recording devices, sound equipment and live streaming software such as OBS.
- Basic knowledge of video editing software for editing of features, in-house documentaries and interviews.
We are recruiting for a diverse team and continuing to develop our culture of growth and inclusion across the board. We look forward to hearing how you can help us to better represent the wider world.