Social Media Specialist
18 days ago
We've somehow managed to get people excited about an app that's essentially just a glorified telephone. Help us continue to delight our superfans and bring amazing content to our social platforms so we can distract people from their problems.
We need someone who will help us communicate the latest Discord happenings across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Your responsibilities will be to support social media execution, aiding operation across all of social platforms, and helping us pretend like we're cool. You will report to the Social Media Manager.
You will work with our teams to help develop and implement social media campaigns to inspire our Discord superfans. We don't want professional cover letters. Show us a little creativity - a little madness. Bring us to flavor town.
What you'll be doing
- Implement social media strategy and coordinate daily content calendar projects including copywriting, asset coordination, and postings to @discord-owned channels.
- Source and manage content creator contractors to create frequent original content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Track analytics specifically for our social media channels to determine growth, traction and return on investment.
- Work with Brand Marketing, Creative, Customer Experience, Legal, and Product teams to curate and develop content to build overall brand awareness.
- Submit and refine creative briefs and asset requests to ensure platform-right, channel-right content is delivered from the creative team.
- Brainstorm and work directly with the Social Media Manager to execute campaigns and content.
- Keep your eyes and ears on the pulse of the Discord community. Tell us about their suggestions and concerns.
- Keep up with up-to-the-minute social media trends, and insights from the types of communities. Communicate audience knowledge to the wider team.
What you should have
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 2+ years in social media marketing
- Experience creating content and using platforms such as, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & TikTok
- Project management experience
- You bring fresh ideas to any project or conversation
- In-depth knowledge of social media trends and meme culture
- Someone who isn't afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things
- A deep knowledge of the Discord product and audience
- A passion for gaming or experience in the gaming industry
- Experience using multiple social media tracking software and tools
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.