This job might no longer be available.
Social Media Specialist
San Mateo, CA, United States
5 months ago
ROBLOX - SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST & CONTENT PRODUCER, SAN MATEO, CA
It’s not often you come across a company like Roblox. We are the one and only user-generated content platform where millions of people from around the globe join together to imagine, create, and play.
Roblox is one of the fastest-growing, privately-held technology companies in the world. We have an incredibly dedicated player base of 100M monthly active users who spend a billion hours each month on our platform. When we say we’re bringing the world together through play, we mean it.
Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the ongoing success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. If that someone is you, let’s talk.
…looking for a Social Media Specialist & Content Producer to join our Marketing Team.
We need someone who will help us communicate the latest news about Roblox across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, our blog, and potentially Snapchat and TikTok. This person must also be able to actively monitor the growth of our social media channels and turn data into recommendations to optimize our strategy.
You will work cross-functionally with our internal teams to develop and manage social media campaigns that will inspire the imaginations of millions of Roblox players around the world.
Are you game?
- An internet native. You can spot an upcoming trend before most of the internet does and being an early adopter for internet slang fuels your fire. Not only can you spot a meme from a mile away, but you can also correctly and effectively analyze and communicate internet culture and trends to other team members.
- A magic marketer. You have a relevant Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience). You have at least 3-5 years of experience in a marketing role, primarily focused on social campaigns and games.
- All about the players. You love, respect, and relate to the Roblox community as much as we do. You’ve spent years fine-tuning your marketing skills to enhance the consumer experience.
- Inspired. You bring fresh ideas and perspectives to any project or conversation. You keep an open mind.
- Multipurpose. You are well-rounded in all things marketing and you excel in writing and editing quick-witted copy. Photo and video editing skills are a plus!
- Synergetic. You’re a team player who inspires the trust of those you work with and vice versa. You’re comfortable touching base with many people each day.
- Acrobatic. You effortlessly manage multiple projects down to the finest detail, even when the pressure is high. How do you do it?
- Expressive. You are an excellent communicator. With 280 characters, you can elegantly articulate Roblox’s mission. With 1,000 words, you can delight and inform our community. With everything in between, that’s for you to decide.
- Keep the community in the loop about all major Roblox developments with communications and announcements on social media and our blog.
- Work with seasoned Roblox copywriters, internal teams, third parties, and social platforms to curate and develop creative, high-impact campaigns that will help build our brand presence and image on social media.
- Track analytics and sentiment specifically for our social media channels and blog to determine traction and ROI. Experience with Crimson Hexagon, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Spearhead social media campaigns in relation to product marketing, brand partnerships, community initiatives, memes, and more.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the Roblox community. Tell us about their suggestions and concerns. Pinpoint up-and-coming social media trends and communicate trends, shifts, opportunities, and statuses with other teams.
- Produce thumb-stopping creative visuals by working closely with a team of designers and sharing thoughtful briefs and comprehensive feedback.
- Manage a team of community engagement members to produce content on a daily basis for all official Roblox social media platforms.
- Engage and amplify the Roblox community by sourcing user-generated content, managing social media inboxes, commenting, and more.
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- A rewarding 401k program.
- Our surprisingly flexible vacation policy.
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks. (Nom nom nom.)
- A fitness reimbursement program.
- Our convenient pre-tax commuter program.
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar.
- Rock star status with our community. (No autographs, please.)
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, more than 100 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over two million creators. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world. For more information, please visit corp.roblox.com .