Social Media Manager
London England United Kingdom
25 days ago
The Social Manager will work within the SEJ West social media team to assist in the day-to-day running of community programs and social channels.
As a key member of the SEJ West team, you will be an organised and adaptable person. You will assist in creating, and analysing the success of, global community campaigns that empower our fans around the world.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and motivated with exceptional communication skills particularly in entertainment / video games.
- Support marketing and PR teams by developing and implementing community strategy for selected SEJ West titles, across all available channels including website, blogs, social channels, etc.
- Ensure that social activities intended by local territory offices are in line with the approved strategy plan per project.
- Actively engage users via official social channels, continually monitoring and making recommendations upon the latest technology and platforms; meticulously follow new trends.
- Make best use of social monitoring tools to evaluate success/failure of communications plans, understand what our users are saying about our products, and keep a regular temperature check on the various elements within the community.
- Provide community feedback to the rest of the Marketing and PR teams and provide guidance on any initiatives based on a clear and complete understanding of where user passions lie.
- Directly assist with the creation of assets (image or video) for use on all available channels.
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Senior Social Media Manager, Social Media Director, Western Strategic Marketing and PR Teams, Square Enix Japan Marketing and Publicity teams
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent writing and creative skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing deadlines without compromising quality.
- Creative thinker with common sense and ability to take initiative, identify potential problems/issues and react/advise accordingly
- Good understanding of online communities and online etiquette.
- Proven track record of managing impactful social media campaigns.
- Educated to degree level
- Over one year experience working in a similar role.
- Interest and knowledge of video games, especially Japanese RPGs and Square Enix titles as a whole.
- Experience in social media analysis tools and online content management systems.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Extremely well organised, detail oriented, excellent time management and ability to coordinate multiple projects efficiently
- Results oriented, outgoing, and self-motivated.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analyse and collate data, produce reports and work with internal stakeholders to achieve KPI’s.
- Ability to craft and edit image content for utilising Adobe Photoshop, including being able to comfortably manipulate multi-layered files.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relishes working in a fast paced, live, constantly changing and evolving environment.
- Team player / Approachable; well-mannered and able to keep a level-head with fans through public channels.
- Familiarity with capturing up to 4K video and audio from videogame console devices.
- Ability to adjust and edit video and audio content using Adobe Premiere Pro, including use of effects and transitions.
- Japanese language skills and/or experience working with Japanese corporations is a plus.