Social Media Manager
7 days ago
Job Title:Social Media Manager
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB .
Activision Blizzard is looking for an expert Social Media Manager to join its newly established Community team. This role will play a significant part in helping to unite the company’s 400+ million players and improving its reputation through growing the reach of the Activision Blizzard social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing stand-out social media content, engaging with communities to build their love for all-things Activision Blizzard, and leading campaigns from start to finish. This includes leading social calendars, writing on-brand copy, crafting briefs, editing video + image content, working with collaborators, supervising critical metrics, and developing insights for future initiatives.
The Social Media Manager should be a creative storyteller who is outcome-oriented and has a record of incredible work. They are dedicated to social media and know their way around a range of publishing and analytics tools. A strong history of community-first content, with the drive and know-how to take trends and events and implement them quickly to grow the channels.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement innovative ways to building a social media community. Daily community management and ideas to boost conversations.
- Handle our social media accounts and social content calendars across various platforms including but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Build captions and copy across social media channels (including text overlay for videos) while maintaining brand voice
- Collaborate: Find strategic opportunities to promote and develop content in partnership with the company’s franchise community teams. Work x-functionally to build and complete results-driven campaigns.
- Build: Develop creative briefs for social assets and manage relationships with creative partners; shoot and edit when needed and craft + post regular IG stories
- Analyze and report on content performance to advise internal collaborators, use real-time findings to adjust & optimize social plans as needed.
- Support issues management by assisting with social media monitoring and delivering periodic reports when needed.
- Continuously keep a pulse on social, game and cultural trends to implement for content and optimize our channels
- 6+ years of client-side social media marketing experience and a sixth sense for trend-setting social content.
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail with an ongoing dedication to achieving high quality results
- Shown experience building social communities and running engagement campaigns. A deep desire to build engaged communities that believe in Activision Blizzard’s mission.
- Passion for gaming and a love & knowledge for Activision Blizzard’s games.
- Expertise in working with social media publishing and analytics tools; familiarity with Sprinklr, Adobe Analytics, and Google Analytics are a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 - $161,910.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.