Social Media Intern (Summer 2020)
Culver City, CA
4 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is seeking a motivated, pre or post-graduate student to join its lean Social Strategy team, with a dotted line into Player Experience and Consumer Insights.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, curious, and forward-thinking with a passion for building communities and brainstorming new creative approaches to delivering our players the most exciting information about our mobile games. This person should be available to work a maximum of 29 hours per week.
- Perform, research and optimize social content for engagement, especially comments
- Assist with publishing and scheduling content to game-specific social platforms
- Assist with writing copy & drafting messaging to support corporate social channels
- Assist with developing reporting and generating ideas that improve our core social & game metrics
- Help moderate beta test communities and provide weekly reports to game
- Manage inbox messages and Facebook + Instagram communities, with the goal of improving our response rate, engagement and retention of players on social
- Develop community and establish a clear tone of voice to players
- Adhere to community best practices established by internal stakeholders (Social + Consumer Insights), and monitor competitors’ accounts, offering actionable solutions to internal teams
- Collaborate with Player Experience, developing interactions designed to improve the player journey
- Educate and inform respective team leads on rising issues and trends surfaced on social (Linkedin Live, TikTok challenges, etc.)
- Provide actionable feedback to game teams on community sentiment, concerns and suggestions across a variety of sources (Insiders, App Stores, Discord, Reddit, Facebook, etc.)
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program
- Comfortable working with a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Someone who enjoys problem solving in an ever-changing digital world
- Actively seeking new challenges
- Someone who learns quickly
- An independent thinker
- A person who enjoys associating your efforts with measurement & metrics
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.