This job might no longer be available.
Social Media II - Publishing
22 days ago
As a Social Strategist at Riot Games, you’ll be focused on North American and Oceanic players within the League of Legends MOBA ecosystem, specifically focused on the Wild Rift fanbase. In this role you’ll develop regionally targeted plans that ladder into global social strategies and execute those plans with proactive ownership. You’ll participate in crucial conversations with players online and work with creators within the community to amplify their awesome content! You'll participate in an internal community of practice around social media, helping to ensure we're aligned as a team, and working from the same playbook when we talk to players on platforms and partnered channels.
- Work as a tactical owner and advisor of multiple social channels for the North American Publishing Team (Wild Rift Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), overseeing execution of global campaign work and development of original content for the region
- Work closely with Leadership and the MOBA Publishing Team to understand regional goals and strategies that surprise and delight players, with an emphasis on fans in the mobile space
- Proactively monitor the gaming community space running parallel to our core social media accounts, including Reddit and Discord
- Gain inspiration and ideas for keeping our content fresh and relevant by reviewing content posted by competitors and other entertainment brands’ social media accounts
- When issues or urgent requests occur, channels are managed and maintained with confidence outside of core work hours
- 3+ years in social or digital media at an agency or in-house
- Experience implementing successful community campaigns with gaming audiences
- Experience with social media tools and software (Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the League of Legends IP and either knowledge of Wild Rift or willingness to learn
- Able to use basic imaging editing software to create content and memes
- Positive outlook with the ability to roll with last-minute changes
- Undergraduate degree
- Hands-on and strategic experience in digital/PR/social media
- In-depth knowledge and curiosity of the digital media landscape
- Experience within gaming and entertainment IPs, particularly in the mobile space
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.