Social Media & Community Manager (PAC-MAN)
7 days ago
Bandai Namco Entertainment America is seeking a Social Media & Community Manager for the PAC-MAN brand. This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, management, and monitoring of PAC-MAN’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve branding efforts, and support the PAC-MAN global business.
This role will manage communication with fans and consumers by leveraging and optimizing existing social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube as well as identify, explore, and utilize new social media platforms such as TikTok, Snapchat, and Twitch. They will also oversee agencies, agency relationships, social platform partners, and work with: our Bandai Namco Community & PR Team, Brand Marketing, Production, Licensing, Live Events, Legal, Creative Services, and global overseas counterparts.
The Manager will additionally manage the day-to-day strategy, planning, and tactics for the PAC-MAN social channels, such as connect with global teams and implement best-in-class social marketing and community programs and promotions to amplify marketing campaigns. Qualified candidates should be familiar with the PAC-MAN brand, video gaming, pop culture, Japanese culture, and social media trends to manage the evolution of our social media strategy and execution.
Solid teamwork and communication skills are critical success factors in this role and the candidate must be able to analyze engagement data to identify trends in consumer interactions to plan and pitch social activations and campaigns. In addition, the candidate should have the ability to align social media fundamentals and activities with the PAC-MAN brand and business initiatives.
Join us at our new campus in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain PAC-MAN social and editorial calendars to coordinate strategic and creative alignment with key marketing and product beats
- Ideate, create, and oversee content development for all channels
- Provide direction to internal teams (i.e. Creative Services) as well as external partners and vendors to produce quality content that meets brand standards
- Oversee interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms and respond to the community professionally and accurately
- Analyze engagement data, identify trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online
- Recommend, provide insights on, and engage with content creators, influencers (both organic and paid) and external brands to embrace authentic relationships and continuously grow network of ambassadors across various platforms
- Manage deliverables for paid influencer activations and coordination of organic outreach
- Help define and maintain the regional community management strategy, including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, and outreach initiatives
- Develop community-facing activations including digital-events, contests, live streams, and live events to build lasting relationships and advocacy amongst our fans
- Set goals and report on social metrics, communicate metrics’ significance and prepare and filter feedback reports gathered through multiple channels
- Partner with and manage social and creative agencies to ensure clear communications and high-quality campaigns
- Review, provide guidance, and feedback to external partners on social media content and activities to uphold brand guidelines
- Domestic and international travel may be required in the future
- Minimum 3-5+ years managing relationships with influencers and social media/community management experience (or relevant experience)
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and best-practices
- Experience working with social media & creative agencies
- Knowledge regarding the various categories for content creators
- Experience coordinating live streams; ability to be on camera a plus
- Ability to organize campaigns, analyze metrics, realize business goals, and present results
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms (such as Discord), systems, and software a plus
- Extensive knowledge of video games, the video game industry, popular culture, anime, Japanese culture a plus
- Familiar with social campaigns in the video game space and can leverage social trends into practical strategies
- Have a familiarity with video editing, streaming software and platforms, photoshop or other image editing software and having a creative eye (is a plus)
- Currently involved and familiar with various online or local social communities (preferred)
$94,255.10 - $135,108.98
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.