Social Media & Community Manager, PAC-MAN
7 days ago
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America is seeking a Social Media & Community Manager for the PAC-MAN brand. This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, management, and monitoring of PAC-MAN’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve branding efforts and support the PAC-MAN global business.
This role will manage communication with fans and consumers by leveraging and optimizing existing social channels such as Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter as well as identify, explore, and utilize new social media platforms. This role requires management of agencies, agency relationships, social platform partners, and close collaboration with our BANDAI NAMCO Community & PR Team, Brand Marketing, Production, Licensing, Live Events, and global overseas counterparts.
They will manage the day-to-day strategy, planning, and tactics for the PAC-MAN social channels, align with global teams and implement best-in-class social marketing & community programs and promotions to amplify marketing campaigns. Qualified candidates should be familiar with the PAC-MAN brand, video gaming, pop culture, Japanese culture and social media trends in order to manage the evolution of our social media strategy and execution.
Solid teamwork and communication skills are critical success factors in this role and the candidate must be able to analyze engagement data to identify trends in consumer interactions to plan and pitch social activations and campaigns. Qualified candidates should have the ability to align social media fundamentals and activities with the PAC-MAN brand and business initiatives.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain the PAC-MAN social channels, monthly editorial calendars to coordinate creative, alignment with key marketing and product beats and oversee content development
- Oversee interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms and respond to the community professionally and accurately
- Analyze engagement data, identify trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online. Plan and develop social media marketing plans for upcoming game titles.
- Recommend, provide insights on and engage with content creators, influencers and external brands to embrace organic and authentic relationships
- Help define and maintain the regional community management strategy, including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, and outreach initiatives
- Participate in and help develop community-facing activations including digital-events, contests, live streams and live events (once they return) to build lasting relationships and advocacy amongst our fans.
- Set goals and report on social metrics, communicate metrics’ significance and prepare and filter feedback reports gathered through multiple channels
- Partner with and manage social agencies to ensure clear communications and high-quality campaigns
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. of managing relationships with influencers and social media/community management experience (or relevant experience)
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and best-practices
- Solid experience working alongside social media & creative agencies
- Knowledge on the various categories for content creators: Streamer vs youtuber, etc.
- Experience with live streams, having the ability to be both in front and behind the camera as needed
- Strong inter-personal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize campaigns, analyze metrics, realize business goals, and present results
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms (such as discord), systems, and software a plus
- Extensive knowledge of video games, the video game industry, popular culture, anime, Japanese culture a plus
- Domestic and international travel may be required in the future
- Familiar with social campaigns in the video game space and can leverage social trends into practical strategies
- Have a familiarity with video editing, streaming software and platforms, photoshop or other image editing software and having a creative eye is a plus
- Currently involved and familiar with various online or local social communities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.