Social Marketing Manager, Americas
Washington, United States
10 days ago
Wargaming is currently seeking a Social Marketing Manager with extensive experience in social media content conceptualization, strategy, and planning. This person must be a true creative social content strategist and planner that understands the ins and out of using all platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, and first-party community hubs. This person must be creative and form cadences that storytell while maintaining a consistent voice across these platforms.
As Social Marketing Manager, you are the owner of the America’s social marketing and channels for an unannounced F2P GaaS. This position will be responsible for long lead integrated social media content conceptualization, strategy, and planning for the Americas. Success in this role requires developing passion for the game and a hunger to learn more. It’s important that this individual is an excellent executor and can see plans through start to finish with extreme attention to detail. They must always think about the big picture to ensure everything we do has purpose and is aligned with the overall social and brand strategy. All of this should support engaging audiences while displaying the best our game has to offer.
The Regional Marketing Director for North America
What will you do?
- Lead the development and execution of social media marketing strategies through various social media channels
- Lead short, medium, and long-term content conceptualization and planning that’s informed by the social strategy. This includes seeing content plans through conceptualization to execution, developing cadences, copywriting, asset coordination, and postings
- Partner with Community Manager to actively engage with customers through social media channels, to address all types of inquiries, complaints and comments to ensure brand and image is maintained.
- Interface with the global publishing and marketing departments to facilitate further social media content plays
- Lead day to day communication with brand marketing and dev to enhance in-game and marketing beats via social media
- Expert knowledge on each social platform’s algorithms, user dynamics, and evolving feature sets. Provides recommendations to enhance algorithms to further maximize marketing impact
- Assist with coordinating and executing paid media campaigns
- Compile KPI reports and make adjustments to content planning as needed
- Develops detailed analysis on social media marketing programs and develop recommendations to ensure goals are met.
- Partner with Global social media partners across Wargaming on global social media strategies, help execute Global plans, and maintain consistent communication with Global social teams
- May negotiate deals with social media influencers to achieve social media marketing goals.
- Stay on top of all social trends and make recommendations to stay socially and culturally relevant.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3-5 years of social media experience, ideally within GaaS working on live/service based F2P titles for the Americas
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- Knows how to use all social media platforms, their tools, and understands the specific nuances within each platform
- Talented content strategist, conceptualizer, planner, cadence builder, and have copywriting skills
- Fundamental knowledge of social strategy development
- Fundamental knowledge of paid media campaigns
- Strong knowledge of asset dimension sizes and the nuances of how they display on platforms
- Fundamental knowledge of video and static asset production plus Adobe creative suite
- Makes decisions that positively impact short- and long-term goals
- Strong knowledge of entertainment, lifestyle, and video game culture
- Experience with social media tracking and listening tools is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis and KPIs is a plus
- Video and broadcast production background is a plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!