Social Impact and Diversity Manager
12 days ago
The Role Overview:
The Social Impact & Diversity Manager is a newly created and highly impactful role for Glu - integral to the future success of the business, player satisfaction and ongoing engagement of employees. Reporting directly to the VP of People & Workplace, the Social Impact & Diversity Manager role will be responsible for spearheading the strategy, implementation and evolution of various environmental and social impact initiatives (often characterized as ‘ESG’) as well as diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DE&I) across Glu’s global business.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish Glu’s DE&I strategy, with ownership in setting and reporting on goals and KPIs across the global organization
- Act as the point of contact for all things ESG and DE&I internally and externally
- Global budget manager for all related program activity
- Set program rules, recruit, and manage programs for all Business Resource Groups (also known as ERGs)
- Oversee and partner with DE&I steering committee - key internal stakeholders within the organization
- Coordinate external speakers, trainers, and/or consultants, as needed
- Partner with teams across the organization (people & workplace, studios, external vendors, legal) to execute initiatives
- Management of ESG/DE+I resource lists and tools
- Evaluate ways to strengthen long term learning opportunities with impact inside and outside Glu
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Program management or equivalent experience is in HR/people
- Passion for ESG/DE&I
- Have a high level of discernment and empathy for internal pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete guidelines and processes
- Skilled in communicating valuable information to executives
- Ability to incorporate today’s challenges into a larger long-term scope and actionable vision
- Accomplished in full cycle program management (setting strategy, establishing scope of program, advertisement/recruitment, mentorship, implementation, reporting, evaluation)
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams
- Have strong influencing skills and managerial courage
- Excited about creating a vision and building new programs
- Effective in running multiple projects concurrently
- Confident in facilitating discussions around learning and unlearning
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication skills
- Wants to have fun and incorporate the game-making mentality into all aspects of your programs!
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience in gaming
- Experience working globally and understanding cultural differences
What does ESG and DEI look like at Glu:
- With millions of players supporting Glu games, and a global office footprint; Glu is committed to rapid changes to address the company’s impact on the environment.
- Glu is committed to building an inclusive culture and team environment that supports current and future diversity in our industry, our games, and our talent.
- The organization is in a unique position to effect meaningful and lasting change through the support of various social impact initiatives in local communities.