Who We AreFounded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
The Creative Services team has the outstanding opportunity to work with all brands and titles at 2K. The team crafts a prolific amount of digital marketing assets to support all marketing channels in a fast-paced environment.
We are seeking a hardworking Social Content Designer to join our social team and build reactive social content across all 2K social platforms at the speed of culture. This candidate should be passionate about videogaming and have a great grasp on new influencer and social media trends across all platforms; with an emphasis on short-form content. You will work collaboratively with our internal creative team to help shoot, produce, and edit social content, including short and long form assets, and more across a variety of social platforms.
The ideal candidate focuses on Social + Mobile first POV and embodies a native video producer + editor focus. Has the ability to shoot events and deliver creative ideas on-site using mobile phone/dslr capture. Possesses a strong directorial eye for culturally relevant social content and proven ability to create short-form video content in vertical mobile-first format (TT, Reels, YT Shorts, Stories). A strong short-form editor with motion graphic expertise, along with a proven ability to turn-around short form content quickly (12 hours or less). Expertise in cultural video output and ability to travel and be on-site frequently.
Focus platforms: Short-form content platforms (TikTok, IG Reels, YT Shorts), Twitter (for sports + NBA)
What You Will Do
Working in collaboration with the Creative Service and Global Video Production teams to perform and execute the following tasks for various media assets, but not limited to:
- Video Editing: various social media content, trailers, gifs, promo ads, sizzle reels, etc.
- Videography: experience with various DSLR kits, mobile phones, lighting equipment, AV accessories (mics, gimbles, tripods, etc.)
- Conceptualization: Storyboarding, mood boards, mock designs/edits/pitches,
- Motion Graphics: Animated slates/gfx, motion/camera tracking, typography, cinemagraphs, etc. Advanced Typography skills are required for this role.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Must provide an online demo reel/portfolio showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or portfolio will NOT be considered.
- Vast experience with various DSLR kits, mobile phones, lighting equipment, AV accessories (mics, gimbles, tripods, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Expert Adobe After Effects compositing and animation skills: excellent/advanced typography skills, animation, motion/camera tracking, and keying, etc.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party plugin suites: Trapcode, Red Giant, DigiEffects, etc.
- Fundamental experience with sound design and audio mixing.
- Fluency in color correction and color grading.
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills including use of SAN storage, basic
- networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with the 2K brands is a big plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn 2K proprietary software and best practices.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.