Smite - Animation Intern
10 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is now accepting qualified 3D Animation Intern applicants for our Summer Internship Program at our studio for SMITE!
This will be a paid, seasonal employee. The deadline to submit all application materials is Feb 28, 2021. Internship selections will be made and announced by April 1, 2021, with the Intern work program starting mid-May, 2021, ending mid-August, 2021 (actual dates to be determined).
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE; Paladins; Realm Royale; Tribes: Ascend; and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Animation Interns do:
- Work alongside members of Hi-Rez’s Animation team, while gaining a working knowledge of asset creation and the animation processes.
- Shadow and partner with experienced game developers and artists in a collaborative, creative environment.
- Assist in creating and editing game animations using Maya and 3DSMAX.
- Accept feedback from Animation Lead and other Team Members.
- Other departmental duties and projects as instructed by management.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to travel effectively to and from studio on a daily basis.
- Must be currently enrolled in (documented as a "Junior" or higher grade level) - or recently graduated of - an accredited college, university, or school of art.
- Currently carrying or graduated with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher (and provide documentation).
- At least one professional Letter of Reference from a manager, supervisor, professor or instructor; outlining how they know you, and why you should be considered for this position.
- Current resume.
- Cover letter.
- Portfolio and/or Website displaying applicable work.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Good communication skills, and a team player.
- Interest in project management and production.
Even better candidates:
- Experience within Unreal 3 or Unreal 4 is a plus.
- Background or experience in Game development.
- Experience with in-game animation as opposed to cinematic animation; portfolios demonstrating this experience will be given the highest consideration.