This job might no longer be available.
Site Reliability Engineering Architect - Software Engineer
6 months ago
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bungie, you will use your software engineering expertise to help architect, build, and operate Bungie's most critical infrastructure. The SRE discipline at Bungie is comprised of talented engineers focused on making reliability a feature across the organization.
Bungie SREs are embedded with service engineers, systems engineers, operations, and product owners to maintain and improve Bungie’s online worlds. You will not only get to know our current services, but you will also help improve them! Our goal is to create more reliable online experiences for our players while helping Bungie deliver on our studio’s core purpose: "We create worlds that inspire friendship."
- Translate high level goals and desires into extensible, scalable and observable automation
- Learn and promote core SRE principles within Bungie (e.g. SLO - Service Level Objectives, SLI - Service Level Indicators, etc.)
- Ambassador for how to automate infrastructure, and also help those around you understand and embrace automation
- Experience writing, building, and maintaining backend microservices in a high concurrency server architecture.
- Communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals— “Teams are stronger than heroes” is one of the core Bungie values
- Ability to manage 1-2 engineers
- Working knowledge of how to apply CI/CD principles to large scale production workloads
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Practices (Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux ecosystem
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.