Site Reliability Engineer
25 days ago
The EA Product Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) group is part of the CTO organization and is the foundation on which EA's games are built and operate. PI&E builds and operates a broad platform of infrastructure services that powers games and enables game development across EA's global ecosystem Our team's charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, core services, and studio services. Additionally, we aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that ensure rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we partner across EA to promote infrastructure cost efficiency and infrastructure optimization.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, your role covers the entire life-cycle of a product-- from helping developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. Your primary focus will be automation and continuous integration/delivery with an emphasis on solving operations issues using software. You will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering.
- You will create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will develop and troubleshoot distributed, large-scale production systems spanning on-prem. and cloud-based hosting.
- You will write code, meeting peer-reviewed code standards.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- You will design CI/CD pipelines.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure SLI and SLO
- 5+ years of experience with Virtualization, Containerization, Cloud Computing (AWS preferred), VMWare ecosystems, Kubernetes, Docker
- Systems Administration experience, including an understanding of *nix
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components
- Automation and orchestration experience including Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins
- Experience writing code in Go, C#, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working with distributed systems