Site Reliability Engineer
8 days ago
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
EA Sports Site Reliability Engineer
The Quality, Verification, and Standards engineering team is looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology.
The successful candidate will partner with our Senior Engineering Manager, Supervising Development Director, and Technical Director to estimate and execute projects and deliver excellent results. He or she should have demonstrated ability to work effectively with large-scale systems and possess proven ability to multi-task and prioritize. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with strong focus on uptime and predictability. The successful candidate should be passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. This role will also involve some on-call support duties.
- Directly supports engineering environments, through all stages of development.
- Performs OS configuration and management.
- Troubleshoots application, network, and server-level problems.
- Designs and develops extensive scripting and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintains documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
- Support an “always-on” network infrastructure.
- Be “on-call” when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues raised from production and live services operations.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Work with our team and others to implement best of breed technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with relevant Windows environments (IIS, etc.)
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies: Docker and Kubernetes are important, Chef is not.
- Working knowledge of the following scripting languages: PowerShell, Groovy, Jenkinsfile
- Working knowledge of the following data structures: ELK stack is important, MongoDB is not.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Jenkins, CI/CD, and pipelines.
- Working knowledge of distributed source control such as Git within GitLab.
- Alerting systems (Zabbix etc) may be more important that reporting tools (Kibana etc), but both are useful.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills aligned with enthusiasm, aptitude, attitude and motivation to learn
- Strong communication skills, to partner with people and problem solve to reach common goals.
Good to have:
- Additional experience with Cloud based server deployments (AWS, EC2, OpenStack, etc)
- Hands-on experience working with various network technologies – NLB, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches & Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Network Subnetting, VLANs, etc