Site Reliability Engineer, Platform Foundations
14 days ago
Team Name:IT – Site Reliability Engineering
Job Title:Site Reliability Engineer, Platform Foundations
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our embedded teams onboarding new technologies, diving into complex issues, and integrating next generation game platforms.
SREs use a software engineering approach to support the architecture, build, and deploy of applications in large scale at Blizzard Entertainment. The role is comprised of talented engineers that are focused on improving reliability-as-a-feature through a data-driven approach: telemetry, automation, and functional/unit testing.
If you're interested in working with a team of SREs to support, simplify, automate, and improve many of Blizzard's most storied games- then we'd love to talk to you!
- Be an integral part of the team modernizing the Battle.net Online Platform. This will include guidance as well as hands-on support for designing, building, and supporting the development pipeline, automating infrastructure and operations, creating telemetry for monitoring, engineering for high reliability, and evangelizing best practices.
- Blizzard SREs must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-energy environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about constantly learning, taking established systems to the next level, as well as being a highly motivated, positive, creative thought leader.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other members of the Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Large, complex, distributed application environments including real-time, stateful services.
- Software development (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- CI Pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Source code management (e.g. Git)
- Public cloud ecosystems (e.g. AWS, GCP) • Container-based workloads (e.g. Docker & Kubernetes)
- Distributed message bus technologies (e.g. Kafka)
- Operational excellence including application stability, security, performance tuning, capacity management, and documentation
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.