Site Reliability Engineer (Mid to Senior)
8 days ago
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Bungie, you will use your expertise of networked systems combined with software engineering patterns to help architect, build and operate Bungie's most mission critical infrastructure. Bungie’s build infrastructure, orchestration, on-prem data center, cloud and online services all need to blend seamlessly and reliably to support our current and future titles. The SRE discipline at Bungie is comprised of talented engineers focused on evangelizing reliability-as-a-feature across the organization. Monitoring, SLOs (Service Level Objectives), automation and everything-as-code are among the pillars that SRE at Bungie holds dear.
Bungie SREs are embedded with service engineers, systems engineers, operations, and product owners to maintain and iteratively improve Bungie’s online worlds. You’ll not only get to know our current services that have been powering Bungie’s online experiences for years — you’ll help improve them with the goal of creating more reliable online experiences for our players while helping Bungie deliver on studio’s core purpose: "To create worlds that inspire friendship by creating services that bring players from all over the world together". We're a small team without strict lines. That means you'll have a chance to grow many skillsets, from architect to performance engineer.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA. Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Develop and implement metrics and automation to improve availability, performance and development agility while reducing operational toil
- Promote and establish SRE principles within Bungie: SLO, SLA, SLI, Error Budget, etc.
- Navigate a growing, diverse organization to spread SRE principles and leverage the feedback of your peers to deliver high quality solutions
- Collaborate with teams to help define how future products are deployed, monitored, and operated
- Proven professional experience as a software engineer working in a multi-tier server architecture that supports a high volume of concurrent users
- Proficiency with a compiled programming language such as C#, C++, or Java
- In-depth understanding of Linux or Windows system internals and operating system design
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals— “Teams are stronger than heroes” is one of the core Bungie values
- Manage and mentor Site Reliability Engineers embedded within multiple organizations
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Working knowledge of how to apply CI/CD principals to large scale production workloads
- Experience building or porting services into Kubernetes eco-systems using industry best practices
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Practices (Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Experience building and operating services on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Game industry experience
- Willing to manage 1-2 engineers