8 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We have big plans for the next generation of visual realism at 60 fps. If you have experience with cloth simulations and mesh deformation, are smart and passionate, can design, develop and maintain C / C++ code, have a strong math background, and are driven by the pursuit of excellence, we would like to hear from you!
As a Simulations Engineer, you will work with engineers, and lighting, tech and character artists to develop realtime simulations and techniques that will shape the look of the next WWE2K game. From advanced features for realistic human characters, to visual effects, lighting, performance and UI, you’ll play a part in all aspects of the rendered image in the final game.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves client-side developers, backend developers, or full-stack developers. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop cloth simulation and mesh deformation techniques to advance the quality of game characters
- Invent techniques to preview and troubleshoot the visual look of player-created characters
- Pioneer new techniques to leverage advanced features of Gen 9 (PS5, Xbox Series X) consoles
- Drive visual improvements to VFX, lighting, and post-processing graphics features
- Participate in system-wide upgrade initiatives to keep our rendering tech cutting-edge
- Experience as a Software Engineer, designing and writing realtime simulation code
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with mesh deformation and cloth simulation techniques
- Understanding of 3D graphics, associated math, rendering algorithms
- Understanding of realtime graphics performance techniques, trade-offs and optimizations
- Proficient in C / C++
- Experience with realistic human/character rendering techniques
- Integration of simulations for cloth and/or hair
- Familiarity with sports entertainment and the WWE
- Problem solver, innovator, pioneer