Services Software Engineer | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
4 months ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Services Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing, launching and maintaining large-scale, high availability web services for Halo Infinite ! This team is focused on powering the Halo experience through the application of modern cloud services technologies.
- Develop, implement and support performant and high availability back-end web services and tools
- Maintain, troubleshoot and analyze existing services
- Write unit, integration and stress tests
- Help find bottlenecks and workflow issues
- Provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to leads and PMs
- Assist the larger team in the operation of a live web system
- At least 3+ years of professional software development experience in C#
- Experience working with modern web technologies and database systems
- Proven experience delivering large-scale, distributed systems
- Thorough and detail-oriented with strong technical problem-solving skills
- Intrinsic sense of urgency and proven high degree of responsiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Game development experience, specifically with online gaming platforms
- Proficiency in C++
- Fluency in Azure or other cloud service technologies
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.