Service Reliability Engineer
13 days ago
Job Title:Service Reliability Engineer
As a Service Reliability Engineer at Activision, you will work within the Experience Optimization Org to build innovative and impactful player optimization and products that help to build loyalty and drive engagement for Activision’s industry leading games.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be hands-on in shaping and scaling the services that directly enable game features driving revenue and player engagement. You’ll see your contributions influencing our players’ experiences in major ways.
- Level up innovative and scalable services.
- Apply your technical expertise to maximize the scalability and reliability of our services platforms that are built on open-source technologies.
- Investigate and resolve problems at scale for our mission-critical services. Contribute to root cause analysis efforts. Help the team implement fixes and apply what we’ve learned to prevent recurring issues.
- Demonstrate a customer-focused mindset, keeping the success of our game studio partners and an excellent player experience front and center at all times.
- Influence our technology community with your expertise.
- Be a contributing member of the worldwide Demonware engineering community. Bring knowledge and best practices into the team and share your expertise with other teams who will benefit from it.
- Share comprehensive design feedback in the development of new services and service architecture, both with your own team members and with other teams across the company.
- Engage in mentoring more junior team members to level up this mindset in other engineers.
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- Technical expertise in service scalability and reliability
- Experience optimizing applications that use MySQL, Cassandra, and/or Redis
- Experience working with VMs, Linux containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Knowledgeable with automated testing frameworks
- Experience working in a business-critical production environment
- Experience delivering within Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with high-volume, consumer-facing applications
- Experience with load testing and performance optimization best practices
- Experience working in game economy or social networks
- Instincts for an investigative approach and a curiosity to apply new technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations and requirements
- Ownership of initiatives from inception through deployment and sustainment
- Excellence in proactive, open-minded collaboration across teams
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.