Service Delivery Manager
15 days ago
The Service Delivery Manager role at Wētā Digital x Unity is responsible for providing management and operational support to our client WētāFX, and leading, coaching and developing Wētā Digital employees.
This position will be the key liaison between Wētā Digital and WētāFX. You will partner and connect with WētāFX leadership daily to understand business requirements and current/future needs.
You will also drive the performance and personal development process for the department, including supporting team members with setting their goals in line with Wētā Digital and WētāFX’s strategic direction and requirements, and also ensuring regular check-ins with team members, following Unity’s performance review cycle.
This role will suit someone who enjoys promoting a positive culture focused on innovation, collaboration and accountability.
What you’ll be doing
- Day to day management of team members, including coordination with WētāFX on work requirements and workforce planning. Ensure work deliverables are met in a timely manner and according to WētāFX specifications.
- Partner with the Recruiting team on hiring and backfilling activities. Model Unity’s values and behaviours and coach and mentor team members. Participate in the compensation cycle as required.
- Review and approval of general employee requests including leave requests and general enquiries (Workday administration).
- Main point of contact for any employee related issues and responsible for engaging with the appropriate internal departments for support when required.
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with partners and empower team members to do their best work
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of Software Engineering principles (including architecture and design patterns), and with unit/integration/regression/acceptance testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with developers, non-technical people, and leadership to understand feature requests and solve production problems
- Thrive in fast-paced/time-critical environments, and able to collect requirements and user feedback independently.
- Solid experience as a Lead and supporting a team as well as the ability to interact directly with clients
- Strong project and technical leadership experience and communication skills
You might also have
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and how it applies in practice to a team building software
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.