This job might no longer be available.
Server Side Game Developer (C++/C#)
Cluj-Napoca CJ ro
6 months ago
We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating mobile video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Server Side Game Developer (C++/C#) to join our talented and friendly programming team.
Our new colleague will write game code on server side in order to keep the games safe of hacking, will develop features on online/game server side. He/she will work closely with the game designers and producers enabling us to deliver the best mobile gaming experiences. We implement world-class game architecture.
- We implement world-class online architecture. You will be responsible of the rolling of a live game with billions of users.
- Work on online systems that will impact the experience of millions of users;
- Implement online features (gameplay, leaderboards, matchmaking, tournaments, social networks) using our current SDK/library/tools;
- Expand, to maintain and to optimize the internal library/tools used in our games;
- Perform client/server programming for an asynchronous game;
- Develop the game according to the game design document and the programming rules already in place;
- Integrate gameplay code with server;
- Document the code and design and share the information with the team.
- Strong programming skills in C++;
- A creative problem solver, able to quickly learn and utilize unfamiliar concepts;
Considered a plus:
- C# programming experience;
- Experience in client server programming;
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience in video game programming or other 3D applications (homemade applications accepted);
- Familiarity with Unity;
- Passion for games and/or game development.
Why join us:
- Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
- Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
- Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
- Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
- Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
- If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!
What Gameloft Cluj can offer you even more?
- Lunch tickets.
- Short Friday.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- A modern office complex including:
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.