This job might no longer be available.
14 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We’re currently seeking a Server Programmer to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Lead Programmer.
Your daily adventure:
- Developing the server side components for highly scalable and available backends for live games using technologies like Java, Redis, MySQL and NodeJS.
- Working together with the game teams to implement new features and services for mobile games.
- Customizing and tuning games to add new functionality and meet production standards.
- Deploy applications to internal and production environments.
- Perform DevOps activities for game servers.
- Accurately provide technical level-of-effort and schedule estimates on short notice and with incomplete data.
- Periodically offer round-the-clock first-line support of the production environments, as part of a rotating on-call duty
- Write robust, optimized and maintainable code.
- Writing technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a Plus.
- Excellent Java programming skills
- +2 years of solid and proven experience with server-side Java, including POJO’s, concurrency handling, and distributed systems.
- Strong Object Oriented skills preferred.
- Proven experience in server deployment and development using Java.
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of standard software engineering and quality assurance practices with a SOLID approach.
- Git mastering, and gitflow best practices are a must.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change. Work without direct supervision.
- Genuine interest in games, especially mobile gaming.
- Have a good command of English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must
- Knowledge of social networks and app stores programming.
- Knowledge of Java EE environment, EJB, CDI and gradle.
- Hands-on production experience with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Scalable systems design.
- Experience with Linux shell and scripting languages.
- Experience with Cloud computing, Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy
- Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, August and Christmas.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant subsidy
- Cigna private Health insurance
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio
- Great discounts in our games
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Fridays beers
- Mobile device grant based on seniority
- Relocation Package (when needed)
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
It should come as no surprise that Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is located in the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, the hub of innovation in mobile development and technology.
Our studio brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile.
We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!