16 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Server Engineer to join our Star Trek Fleet Command team in either Ireland, Spain, Portugal or the UK on a hybrid/remote basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Star Trek Fleet Command's ongoing success goes from strength to strength. Our in-house developed 4X MMO was launched in 2018 and continues to evolve, being consistently one of the top 10 gross revenue Massive Multiplayer Strategy games on the market.
What You Will Do
- Work in a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining backend services and APIs in Python running on AWS
- Attend daily stand-ups - make sure your team's stories are delivered on time
- Working closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and deliver high quality code for testing contributes directly to the code base. Deploy, monitor, and manage applications in a cloud environment such as AWS
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them effectively in your work and to Mentor new team members
- Participate in code review to ensure high-quality, clean coding standards are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry changes and emerging trends, especially regarding Python, Redis and its ecosystem, AWS, Gaming, etc
- Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and a dedication to continuously improving application performance and scalability
What We’re Looking For
- Highly experienced as part of a professional development team or other relevant area
- Experienced with Python and its ecosystem (libraries, frameworks, etc.), familiarity with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, or another similar web framework and Python threading, as well as the principles of async programming
- Familiar in design and implementation of highly-scalable, reliable, and secure systems using Redis and its ecosystem, such as Redislabs. Solid understanding of RESTful API design and development
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale MMO games, high-traffic web systems or applications
- Experience in using unit testing frameworks such as pytest, git version control and code review workflows with strong commitment to writing clean, maintainable code
- Familiar with Docker containers and at least one container orchestrator tool (Amazon ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems and shell scripting
- Have a good understanding of implementing real time network communication
- Familiarity with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Redis Streams
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, ECR, RDS, S3, and IAM
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and experience with Terraform for managing infrastructure deployment
- Understanding of network infrastructure and cloud networking concepts, such as VPC, Subnet, Security Groups, and Load Balancing
- Experience with traffic analysis via Charles proxy, browser developer tools, Datadog, logs
- Understanding Kibana / Datadog log querying and dashboards
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.