Server Engineer Co-op (Fall '22)
7 days ago
Glu Mobile is a part of the Electronic Arts (EA) family, one of the largest games developers in the world.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
You will be working on the genre defining mobile game Design Home. Members of the team are based in San Francisco and Toronto. We understand that it takes passionate people to make great games and maintain a culture of collaboration and ownership. Working on Design Home will provide you with the challenges and the support to grow as a game developer.
Due to COVID-19 the Toronto office will not be fully open at the start of the work term. The term will be partly if not completely remote (working from home) depending on how the situation evolves.
As a co-op student, you will not be stuck in a corner to work alone on a side project. You will be working alongside a team of dedicated software engineers, designers and artists to deliver new experiences to our players. Through the work term you will gain experience on what it takes to operate a top tier mobile game. This role suits someone that is motivated to learn but also to execute and innovate. We will adapt the role somewhat based on the strengths of the student.
- You will code and collaborate on server systems and tools
- You will follow best practice and optimization guidelines and procedures
- You will participate in sprint planning and task estimation
- You will receive mentorship and always learn and improve
And your skills and experience include:
- Second year or above Computer Science major and completed a co-op work term
- Solid programming fundamentals
- Knowledge of networking and the concept of Cloud workflows
- Experience with version control and IDEs
- Experience with the AWS or GCP Cloud Platforms
- Experience with the Linux command line
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Must be available for a Full Time (40 hours / week) Co-op that will run from September - Mid December.
- Candidates must be graduating no earlier than December 2022.