This job might no longer be available.
Senior Writer [Tom Clancy IP] (310)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
6 months ago
Build future narrative structures and creative toolsets around the central Tom Clancy’s IP umbrella brand by actively engaging and collaborating with teams across Ubisoft.
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of tools (e.g. templates, writing style guides) to help further develop the Clancy IP;
- Be a champion for improving standards of all Clancy IP narrative content;
- Write story documents to be shared with different disciplines involved in content creation for the Clancy IP;
- Develop characters and content that adds to the lore of the Clancy IP;
- Be responsible for developing research materials related to Clancy narrative content, with great attention to details;
- Ensure that all reference documents are up to date;
- Influence, when required, with any marketing and PR needs;
- Ability to produce clear documentation and develop an understanding of how to make it effective as possible;
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Is an advocate, collaborator and ambassador for their team and the sharing of information from them;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with impact while promoting an opening dialogue with your team;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills of both your own and your teams’ time;
- Pro-active, self-motivated and comfortable making difficult decisions;
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a constructive mindset;
- Can write compelling mainstream stories about fictional Tom Clancy’s styled characters;
- Is attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in scriptwriting, literature or filmmaking or other relevant training is preferred;
- 5 years minimum experience as a professional writer, or other relevant experience;
- Experience in either casting, directing, and recording audio for games and/or motion capture is a bonus;
- Experience of at least one project as a mentor/manager;
- Published written works outside of games is a bonus;
- Military and/or other brand relevant experience is a bonus;
- Is a reader of technothriller, military and science fiction books.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.