Senior World Activity Designer
12 days ago
Design and implement set-piece activities in an open world.
Our World Design Team
The World Design Team aims to create an astonishing and challenging open world experience. We develop a wide variety of content to create a world that keeps our players engaged and always within reach of a new satisfying discovery. We work closely with other departments like Art, Quest and Writing to build an experience that supports the narrative, and looks and feels amazing.
Guerrilla’s Amsterdam studio is most recently known for Horizon Zero Dawn. We’re looking for a Senior World Designer with experience in combat encounter creation or mission creation for an open world setting to work on our future projects.
What You Will Do
As a Senior World Designer your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Pitch, own and develop, one or more Open World Activities from start to finish;
- Supplying quality designs that highlight the game’s design pillars, support the narrative and adhere to appropriate production value;
- Implementing those designs in our Decima engine;
- Cooperating with various departments to develop assets that support the feature;
- Driving the advancement of the different areas and their features as autonomously as possible, supported by your lead and producer;
- Helping out peers in the team when needed and contributing to a fun and efficient working environment;
- Setting a quality level that matches or surpasses that of current AAA open world titles.
Who you are
We' d love to hear from you if:
- You’re an experienced Game/Level Designer with 5+ years working as a designer on a shipped AAA title;
- You’re a quality designer who is flexible and takes ownership of their work;
- You enjoy cooperating with others and negotiating cross-department solutions;
- You have feel for play spaces and a good eye for creating appealing environments together with the Art department;
- You enjoy the process of implementing your designs in engine from start to finish;
- You have experience building game content in multiple game engines;
- You are intrinsically motivated to deliver quality work.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and design portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dave Benach (Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner) at email@example.com .