Senior World Designer
6 days ago
Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Avalanche Studios is looking for a Senior World Designer to join our team. Avalanche Studios is the division dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open world games like Just Cause and Rage 2. The team is moderately sized which will give you fantastic opportunities to influence the end product alongside you pushing the boundaries of your discipline.
As a Senior World Designer you plan, design, build and iterate the world with all its layers; world, biomes, landmarks, locations, roads and rivers. So that it connects and presents itself beautifully. This involves terrain sculpting, material painting, location building, road editing, placement of landmarks and locations. You work closely with other teams to realize the vision of the game.
- 5+ years of AAA experience and with at least one open-world game shipped (or equivalent)
- Excellent understanding of world and level design fundamentals
- Experience with terrain and road editing
- Strong knowledge of game design fundamentals with an understanding of how to craft a space that fully embraces systemic elements
- Self-motivated in setting and reaching goals while able to produce results as part of a team
- A great sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving
- Ability to communicate ideas and requirements to stakeholders
- Passion for making and playing games
- Experience with various game engines, editors and their workflows
- Experience with World Machine, GAEA, World Creator or similar
- Experience with Photoshop and other 2D packages
- Experience with Maya, 3DS Max or similar
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider candidates who have submitted their CV and who can work from the office in Stockholm a few days a week.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.