Senior World Builder
4 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Senior World Builder to help us bring the exciting world of our upcoming stylized game to life. You will be responsible for set decorating and building out the world of the game. The person in this role will work with designers and artists to create compelling environments to enhance the narrative and engage the player, while maintaining the style and quality bar of the game.
This position will require remote cooperation with The Molasses Flood Boston studio.
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT development studio located in the greater Boston area. It was founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. The Molasses Flood is currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and is growing their team across all departments.
- Create compelling locations, scenes, and points of interest in our game world.
- Collaborate with Designers and Artists to make sure that these environments meet the style and quality standards of the project and studio, as well as fit the game’s lore and gameplay needs.
- Light and polish to completion and optimize for performance.
- 5+ years of Environment Art, Level Design, or World Building experience in the game industry.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience.
- Excellent lighting and composition skills.
- Strong understanding of environmental design and how it interacts with game playability.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in written documentation.
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+3 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.