Senior World Builder, World of Warcraft
6 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior World Builder, World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft team is seeking a talented and passionate individual for our World Building team. You will collaborate with the Art and Design disciplines to build our highly immersive and beautiful world that is enjoyed by millions of players every day. You will participate in the creation of all types of spaces, ranging from exterior zones, dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds and more, frequently owning the process from start to completion. Your thorough understanding of world building, artistic composition, and boundless creativity are integral to supporting the player experience and telling the visual stories of the world...of Warcraft!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options, including remote work arrangements.
What you will do…
- Collaborate with World Artists and Quest Designers to create our beautiful world with your environmental composition, terrain sculpting, and asset placement skills.
- Design and build engaging gameplay spaces that successfully support WoW level flow & navigation, visual storytelling, and questing experiences.
- Work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines to encourage playtesting and feedback and rapidly iterate.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," contributing to a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- Optimize your content so it can be enjoyed by as many players as possible.
- Assist in mentoring junior designers.
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed, you must have…
- Experience building and iterating on multiplayer game levels.
- Demonstrated creation of outdoor world spaces, including composition, terrain sculpting, painting, and detailed visual storytelling through asset placement.
- Excellent understanding of how to design and layout open world games and what makes World of Warcraft unique.
- Ability to self-manage.
We are also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience working on MMOs or open world games.
- Experience with WoW.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.