This job might no longer be available.
Senior World Artist - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
22 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior World Artist - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
The World of Warcraft team is seeking a skilled and hard-working individual for our World Art team. You will collaborate with the Art and Design teams to build our highly immersive and beautiful world that is enjoyed by millions of players every day. You will participate in the creation of all types of spaces, ranging from exterior zones, dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds and more, working closely with our World Artists and World Builders to establish the look and feel of levels, and take block-outs to final art polish. Your thorough understanding of Environment Art/World Building, artistic composition, and boundless creativity will be integral to supporting the player experience and telling the visual stories of the world...of Warcraft!
We are looking for a candidate that has experience with Environment Art/World Building, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with world builders, artists, and quest designers to ensure that game spaces are fun to play, and visually stunning. Can you see yourself helping to develop a vision for a level, and working to take it to a fully developed, engaging play space? Then read on!
What you will do…
- Help build our epic world with your environmental composition, terrain sculpting and painting, asset placement, and lighting skills
- Communicate frequently with design partners to ensure the world art successfully supports WoW level flow & navigation, visual storytelling, and questing experiences
- Optimize your content so it can be enjoyed by as many players as possible.
- Beautify areas with a focus on composition and mood.
- Ensure that art assets are being used as they are intended and to the best possible effect
- Build art demo areas for exterior world environments
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Enthusiastically collaborate with Production and other game developers across teams
To succeed, you must have…
- Some experience with the Environment Art/World-building/asset implementation side of game development
- Strong understanding of space, form, color, composition, and light
- An understanding of how level art can serve to enhance design goals
- Familiarity working within current game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, or others
We are also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience working on MMO’s or open-world games
- Experience with WoW
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.