Senior Web Engineer
3 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React, Node for in-house frontend applications, Typescript, Docker, and GraphQL to name a few. Whether it’s a tool used by customer service to assist gamers, or a web-based companion application for a game, at Epic you’ll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Web Developer who will be responsible for building client applications with a focus on Epic’s Online Services platform, including streaming video, Epic’s store and in-game SDK, and more. At Epic, you’ll work closely with Epic teams around the world to further develop and maintain responsive frontend, user-centric experiences.
In this role, you will
- Ensure the utilization of the latest web technology to build user-friendly high-performance web applications, both on the front-end and back-end
- Design, review, and oversee the implementation of Epic’s web framework to all consumer-facing websites and applications
- Develop robust web applications that interface with Epic’s in-game EOS SDK
- Build embedded social experiences across Epic’s games and applications
- Provide input for production/live release control process
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Effectively identify stakeholders and gather feature requirements
What we’re looking for
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Experience architecting innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo
- Experience with streaming web video standards and best practices
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.