Senior Web Engineer
15 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React, Node for in-house frontend applications, Typescript, Docker, and GraphQL to name a few. Whether it’s a tool used by customer service to assist gamers, or a web-based companion application for a game, at Epic you’ll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Web Developer who will be responsible for building client applications with a focus on Epic’s Online Services platform, including streaming video, Epic’s store and in-game SDK, and more. At Epic, you’ll work closely with Epic teams around the world to further develop and maintain responsive frontend, user-centric experiences.
In this role, you will
- Ensure the utilization of the latest web technology to build user-friendly high-performance web applications, both on the front-end and back-end
- Design, review, and oversee the implementation of Epic’s web framework to all consumer-facing websites and applications
- Develop robust web applications that interface with Epic’s in-game EOS SDK
- Build embedded social experiences across Epic’s games and applications
- Provide input for production/live release control process
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Effectively identify stakeholders and gather feature requirements
What we’re looking for
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Experience architecting innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo
- Experience with streaming web video standards and best practices
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We offer higher employer contribution on public health insurance, 100% employer paid annual health check ups, supplemental company supported pension, survivors benefit and LTD, public transportation tickets, meals, snacks and beverages.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.