Senior Web Developer
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our Audio Tools and Technology team has a new Senior Web Developer position based at our PlayStation Offices in London. You’ll be using your skills and experience to bring SIE’s Localisation platform (LAMS) to the cloud, reshaping its architecture and helping modernise its underlying .net framework. Providing deployment and operation at scale and collaborating with teams across SIE to streamline their localisation approaches.
This is a unique opportunity to help steer the future of PlayStation’s localisation pipeline. If this is you please apply!
- Design, architect, deploy and enhance our Localised Asset Management System (LAMS) within AWS.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring across the LAMS dev team for new strategies and approaches to development execution that have significant impact on the project.
- Collaborate with development teams across PlayStation Studios to customize LAMS to meet their specific requirements.
- Provide LAMS technical support to teams across PlayStation Studios. Investigating, debugging, and resolving issues they raise.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code that is well tested and documented.
- Knowledge and experience with most common AWS Services – EC2, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and more. AWS certification preferred.
- Experience with deployment, orchestration, and management of windows-based services on EC2.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience?
- Demonstrated experience with coding and database languages - C#, .net core, and MySQL or equivalent.
- Demonstrable significant prior success as a software engineer who solved complex problems.
- Ability to work independently, and in collaboration with others.
- Experience with migration of existing software to a cloud-based architecture
- Web-Frontend development experience – Typescript/UI frameworks
- Agile/JIRA experience
- Experience with game engines and tools such as Unreal, Unity or game development pipelines
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
“ Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights”
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.