Senior Web Developer - Back End
14 days ago
Square Enix are currently on the lookout for experienced Back end developers that will work on our continuous web development. This role is based in our London office and will be part of the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools.
The successful candidate will help by developing and maintaining the central Square Enix web services.
- Maintain and expand the Square Enix online tools used to implement direct marketing and analytics activities
- Maintain the central Square Enix web user database
- Help develop data processing scripts
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Experience using GIT version control, Linux, Apache or Nginx
- Teamwork and communication skills an advantage
- Configuring and developing eCommerce solutions for numerous clients
- Providing day to day support on technical issues for client's websites
- Translating business requirements into robust technical solutions
- Development and technical maintenance of areas of the Square Enix web presence
Digital Platform team: Senior Manager – Digital Platform, Technical Director – Digital Platform, Development Manager, Developers, Project Managers, Web Designers, Online Development: Online Development Director, Senior Manager - Web Development, IT team: Online Infrastructure Division
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional web development experience
- Professional experience with a micro service architecture
- Computer Science or similar Software Engineering degree
- Web development experience in a creative industry or in some segment of the videogames industry
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Advanced development experience with Go
- Experience with E-Commerce systems (e.g., BigCommerce, Shopify, etc.)
- Experience using NoSQL databases (e.g., ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with Docker configuration
- Team player, self-motivating, fast learner
- Experience developing real-time services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g., Python, Rust, etc)
- Experience with TDD/BDD
- Working experience of CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS) and front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Bootstrap)
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Valid passport for travel
- A passion and deep understanding of web technologies
- Keen interest in the gaming sector or fan our Square Enix titles.
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Hybrid Working Policy
Square Enix is pleased to be an employer that offers flexibility within the workplace.
We have a hybrid working policy which allows employees to work from the comfort of their home, three days per week, and in our amazing Blackfriars office for the other two.
Or, if being in the Office is your preference, you can choose three days working from our office and two days working from home. The choice is yours!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.