This job might no longer be available.
Senior Weapons Artist - Treyarch
26 days ago
Job Title:Senior Weapons Artist - Treyarch
Treyarch’s Weapon Art team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Senior Weapon and Hard Surface Artist to join our team. A successful candidate is an Artist that absolutely LOVES weapons and has the talent and skill to match that love, while being a total team player. This is a critical role which focuses on one of the most important aspects of First Person Shooter games.
What you’ll do...
- Contribute to creating weapons, attachments, and equipment at the highest quality for in game and promotional uses either through Modelling, Texturing, Designing and Rendering.
- Rig and implement assets into the game.
- Work together with Artists, Animators, and Designers on ensuring the best player experience.
To succeed you should have...
- An incredible passion for 3D art and First Person Shooters.
- 5+ years of experience working within game development.
- Excellent abilities in hard surface modeling.
- Excellent abilities in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work.
- Excellent attention to design, detail, form and function.
- Good eye for color and tonal balance, and graphic design.
- Must be a team player and collaborate with others.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical function and purpose.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet deadlines and goals.
- Must be willing to go above and beyond what’s expected to ensure the absolute best quality is achieved.
- Excellent communicator willing to receive and give direction and critique.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, keeping your work clean and tidy.
- Excellent problem solving abilities creatively and technically.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 3D and image editing programs.
We’d love it if you also have...
- Expert knowledge in Maya and Substance Painter.
- Outstanding knowledge of weapons and equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of general military application and authenticity.
- Experience working with game engines.
Candidates will need to submit the following:
- Online Portfolio (with breakdown)
Candidates will also need to be prepared for an Art Test.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.