Senior Weapon Artist
18 days ago
Job Title:Senior Weapon Artist
Senior Weapon Artist - Overwatch 2
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: Irvine, CA
Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. Their weapons are a challenging thing to get right and make our combat feel engaging. However, no matter how fantastic the design or how big the “BOOM” is, it’s the details which truly define a weapon’s character and bring it to life. The way the light catches every nick and battle scar on a well-worn assault rifle or the mysterious, intricate engraving on an ancient sword pommel, each subtle nuance helps to create a truly rich and inviting world. Our talented artists put their heart and soul into bringing these unique and visually stunning weapons to life, and their ranks are growing.
Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Weapon Artist to join its Overwatch art team in Irvine, California. In this role you will create 3D assets - both high resolution models, final low polygon game assets, and hand painted textures with next-gen materials for use in game. As a member of the larger game team, you will help the team with feedback and iterate on game assets with artists and designers via prototyping and group critiques.
- 3-5 years' experience in game development as an artist specializing in weapons, mechanical or vehicle modeling using Maya (particularly hard-surface modeling techniques), Photoshop, or Zbrush
- Experience working on AAA PC or console titles as an environment/level artist.
- Familiarity with next generation asset creation pipelines and tools, which, paired with a strong understanding of form, shape, color, and silhouette.
- An understanding of the Overwatch style.
- Shipped an AAA PC or console title as a 3D artist specializing in equipment, weapons, or vehicles and/or experience creating visual designs that support gameplay-oriented goals.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – lighting, VFX, or concept.
Submission / Portfolio requirements
Resume and portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required. Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g., website, blog or online album). You may be asked to complete a modeling test as part of the selection process.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.