This job might no longer be available.
Senior Visual Fx Artist.
7 days ago
SENIOR VISUAL FX ARTIST. Epic Games is looking for a Senior Visual FX Artist to join the Visual FX team at our Cary, North Carolina studio to execute outstanding visual designs for our games by bringing dramatic outcomes to life.
- Execute a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized.
- Work collaboratively with other artists, designers, and programmers to bring static and animation assets to life.
- Integrate effects into the existing gameplay mechanics and on the technique and style of the effects.
- Optimize particle/shader assets to maintain technical performance on all platforms.
- Use a strong understanding of current real-time graphics pipelines to create special effects using proprietary and commercial software tools.
Five (5) years of experience with all of the following:
- Creating FX in the video game industry.
- Unreal Engine Experience.
- Expert level experience with 3D Software packages like Maya, 3DS Max, or Houdini.
- Expert level experience with Photoshop; and
- Working with Perforce.
At least three (3) shipped AAA titles on PC or Console.
Applicants must submit a resume and strong reel/portfolio showing executed Real-Time FX work, a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects, and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life.
Must pass a Background Check.
Multiple Openings for this Position.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.