Senior Visual Effects Artist
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join our team! This individual must possess the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges and engage in advanced creative problem solving with forward-looking techniques across disciplines to support a project with quality craft excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Art Director to help create and maintain FX art direction for game.
- Create work that sets target quality for a project.
- Orchestrate highly complex FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
- Design workflows, researches and implements industry standard and processes for efficient workflows.
- Prototype FX concepts for gameplay and engine.
- Help guide, develop, and evolve internal FX editing tools.
- Assist with production and development strategies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: 7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert understanding of Maya and visual effects packages, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations.
- Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Editor 3.
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus, including but not limited to the adaptability of emerging softwares and tools.
- Highest level of demonstrated ability with visual effects animation, color theory, rhythm, balance, anatomy, composition, design, perspective, lighting, and painting.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
- Ability to develop and present new and emerging techniques to the rest of the VFX team.
- Displays artistic and technical prowess while mentoring, inspiring, and leading by example.
- Ability to create work seamlessly throughout a diverse selection of styles and sensibilities.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of dependability, consistency, and high-quality work.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.