Senior Visual Development Artist
13 days ago
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, the next Perfect Dark , and more!
We are looking for a Senior Visual Development Artist to be part of a small incubation team in Bellevue, WA. As part of this team, you will be responsible for concepting key art that will play a huge role in defining the series. You will be the principal creative force behind the look, not just a contributor. As a Senior Visual Development artist, you will have ownership in the creative vision and showcase that vision in your concept art designs.
As a Senior Visual Development Artist, you will be expected to...
- Partner with Directors and the Lead Artist to identify and execute on the quality/vision of the game
- Create amazing key art for establishing visual targets and concepts that align with the appropriate lore/creative direction of the game
- Explore, imagine, and design a variety of stylizations, looks and visual directions
- Ideate and discovery artistic expressions to enhance concepts and designs
- Delivering high-quality art in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback to both in-house and external concept artists
To be considered for this role, you must have...
- Professional work experience as a Senior, Lead, or Principal concept artist within gaming, film, and/or television (or equivalent)
- Created concept art that directly impacted the direction of a notable video game, film, or TV show
- Ability to establish visual targets and create high-quality key concept art that captures defining moments of a series within a single shot
- Proven ability to self-direct as an individual contributor, while also being able to provide constructive feedback to guide the work of others
- Provide us with a portfolio or examples of concept art that showcases:
- Concept art from personal or professional projects that highlights your unique style, focusing on atmosphere, mood, lighting, and overall tone
- Mixture of 2D and 3D art techniques expressed through the use of modern software tools
It’ll be a bonus if you…
- Worked with external outsource studios
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
$95,000 — $140,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.