Senior Visual Designer
Bellevue, WA, United States
7 days ago
At Unity, we believe that our products should be beautiful and accessible. We are looking for a Visual Designer to help us achieve those goals. In this role, you will create visual designs that inspire, engage, and excite our users. You’ll leverage your experience and design acumen to produce high-quality visuals, from concept to implementation. As part of Unity’s global Design team, you will work in close collaboration with peers and stakeholders to evolve and refine Unity’s visual design direction and create innovative, on-brand, and great-looking products that creators love to use.
- Work closely with Design peers and stakeholders to set the visual design direction for the Unity Editor and related products
- Partner with Designers and Leaders across the company to ensure brand alignment, visual cohesion, and accessibility of our products and services
- Create a wide variety of visual assets and work with Designers, PM, and Developers to integrate them into our workflows and products
- Help create UI standards and templates to enable others to produce storyboards and UI mockups efficiently and in compliance with guidelines
- Contribute to Unity’s evolving design system and style guide with an emphasis on visual design, brand, and personality
- Meet project deadlines and goals, while being a positive, synergistic, and creative force within the team
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating mastery in creating compelling visual design results and highlighting multiple projects with your direct contributions
- Experience working in an icon production pipeline from requirements gathering to developing and applying visual design standards
- Proficient with industry standard design tools, e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen, take feedback, present, and build good working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing for content creation tools, e.g. developer tools and 3D modeling tools
- Practical knowledge of designing for Accessibility
- Interest and passion for gaming
- Basic understanding of CSS and how it applies to theming a product’s UI
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.