Senior Visual Designer
4 days ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to connect with you.
Arkadium is seeking a motivated and passionate Senior Visual Designer to play an integral role within our Creative Innovation department. This is a unique career-growth opportunity for a qualified, seasoned design professional to lead and execute on the visual design of our collateral and branding projects. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in graphic design, typography and composition with a stellar portfolio to back it up.
- As the brand steward, proactively lead the creation of high-quality visual designs for all products, ensuring that every design adheres to Arkadium's brand and standards of excellence
- Lead iterative development processes, gathering and integrating feedback from stakeholders and other team members to constantly improve our products
- Accurately create time estimates for tasks, and work with product owners to make strategic roadmap decisions
- Stay on top of trends and share industry best practices for visual design throughout the company
- Learn new software and technologies, as needed, and coach others in the use of those tools
- Consistently contribute relevant ideas and feedback during team meetings, product reviews, and brainstorms
- Drive and elevate the visual design of high-visibility projects across all marketing and business channels
- Assume leadership roles in Creative Innovation initiatives, and contribute plans that help the department reach objectives
- Demonstrate ability in multiple domains (including UX) and participate in inspiring and effective presentations
- Mentor and/or directly manage junior-level team members, as needed, to expand the capacity of the visual design department
- 3 years of professional visual design and branding experience
- Agency experience is a plus
- A solid understanding of graphic design, typography, iconography, art creation, color
- Experience leading a visual concept and providing art direction
- Plugged into current design trends and eager to apply them to our products
- Knowledge of relevant industry tools including the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) with video experience as a plus
- Works well in a team environment and is experienced in providing meaningful feedback
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle a variety of assignments
- Ability to iterate on design based on feedback from stakeholders
- All applicants must share a link to their portfolios
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Annual employee profit sharing program (because we're all it in together)
- Meaningful health insurance with subsidized medical, dental & vision plans (some covered at 95%!) starting on Day 1
- Personal development budget to fuel your passions and desire to learn (Arkadians are taking classes in not only Excel and leadership, but also interior design and even swimming!)
- Additional budget for conferences you're interested in
- Time off from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day to enjoy the holidays
- A unique culture of open, true teamwork and fun
WE'VE BEEN RECOGNIZED!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Business Intelligence Best Workplace – 2020, 2021
- Great Place to Work Certified – 2019, 2020
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplace – 2016, 2017, 2019
- Forbes Small Giants – 2019