This job might no longer be available.
Senior Human Vision Scientist
Plantation, FL, United States
6 months ago
The Quantified Experience (QX) team is seeking a human vision scientist with extensive interdisciplinary scientific experience. The position involves leading end-to-end studies with human participants, including literature review, experimental design, data analysis, reporting and stakeholder management. Candidates must be able to creatively apply fundamental knowledge from human vision science.
The QX team informs leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and works closely with other departments such as Systems, Optical Engineering, Health Care, Human Factors and UX/UI teams. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Conduct fundamental research in the areas of visual perception and visual cognition.
- Conduct applied vision science research to inform product decisions and to validate the visual experience in prototypes.
- Be aware of the latest developments in the field of human vision science.
- Collaborate with other Magic Leap teams to explore perceptual factors, define engineering and design specifications, and make recommendations to improve the visual experience in mixed reality.
- Take a research question from hypothesis to delivery using scientific methods.
- Communicate the results to stakeholders clearly and in a timely manner.
- Extensive experience with psychophysical and/or other psychological research methods.
- Excellent understanding of behavioral statistics.
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab, C/++, Python.
- Extensive experience with data analysis methods and statistical packages such as R.
- Experience with modeling (low level) human visual processes and/or modeling retinal image degradation by the optics of the human eye.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in latest developments in vision research and curiosity around the future of computing and experience platforms.
- Experience with Unity or OpenGL is a plus.
- Experience with Psychtoolbox is a plus.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques is a plus.
- PhD and post-doctoral experience in human vision science and/or related field with first author journal publications in one or more of the following or related research areas: stereopsis, spatial perception/cognition, eye movements, color vision, visual acuity, low-level visual processing, multimodal information processing, or visual perception focused human factors research.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.