Senior Video Producer - DUNE
15 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 4 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
Do you want to make kick-ass trailers for incredible games such as Dune: Awakening?
As a Senior Video Producer at Funcom, you will play a key role in the company’s ambition to create amazing marketing videos. From ideation to capture and editing, you will raise the bar for our trailers and other video materials by matching ambition and creativity with technical quality. You will work closely with key stakeholders on the game development side and in marketing to help our games succeed, by delivering exceptional video content that stays true to our brand values as well as product creative and commercial goals.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Work with the team and other key stakeholders to come up with creative and ambitious ideas for video material that can help our titles succeed
- Coordinate and execute creation of creative video content and campaigns from brief to delivery, both internally and with external partners
- Act as a video authority and a creative voice in meetings with key stakeholders
- Provide feedback to the project management team around timings and resource needs to maintain and manage expectations
- Come up with creative video pitches by experimenting, exploring industry trends, and adopting new technology
- Manage the delivery of all formats for creative video assets, ensuring that technical and legal requirements are met
- Push for new and creative approaches to video assets, while ensuring ideas and executions fit within the respective product and Funcom brand guidelines
- Collaborate and help guide the rest of the video team to tackle joint projects
- Work with the Marketing Art Director on guiding and giving feedback to freelancers and creative agencies
- Maintain constant communication between creatives, marketing team and product teams throughout projects providing frequent client updates
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience in creating high-quality trailers and other video material within the gaming industry. Preferably with AAA titles. Hands on experience with video production
- Someone with a great eye for visuals and cinematography
- A commercial mindset and ability to understand product and company goals
- Strong knowledge in Unreal Engine, sequencer, and creation of mockups, animatics and full in-engine scenes
- Strong knowledge of creative processes and video production practices
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Strength in multitasking and handling multiple projects at once
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, with close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.