Senior Video Editor/Capture Specialist
What We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking a Senior Video Editor/Capture specialist to work on-site at our
facilities in Santa Monica, CA on the Americas Marketing Video team. The ideal
candidate must have a creative mind, a cinematic eye and a passion for games.
Excellent video editing and frame composition skills are also imperative. This is a
full-time position. The below list is not exhaustive or exclusive, we don't expect every applicant to hit
every item here. Above all we are looking for unique creative voices from varied
backgrounds to help our work truly stand out.
What You Will Do
Working with the Americas Creative Team to perform and complete the following
tasks for various media assets including, but not limited to:
- Gameplay Capture: Capturing gameplay and in-game resources for the
development of all media assets including trailers and promotional videos.
- Lead a team of capture artists to shoot promotional content
- Video Editing: trailers, interviews, cinematics, b-roll, sizzle reels, etc.
- Other Post-Production Elements: sound design, mixing, color grading, color
correction, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
- Contribute to brainstorming and writing sessions to help develop our content
Who We Think Would Be A Great Fit
Working with the Americas creative team, the Senior Video Editor/Capture Specialist
focuses on the video capture of gameplay and implements the footage into all
This candidate possesses great attention to detail and direction, has a keen eye for
cinematography and frame composition, and possesses an all-around skillset for
post-production: video editing, sound design, mixing, color grading, color correction,
encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
The applicant should come in with an advanced knowledge of all things capture and
editorial. We want passionate and friendly people, who are ready to grow and excel
their careers in the creative video game field.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative
Suite applications (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Advanced experience with capturing gameplay inside developer builds or with in-game replay programs.
- Knowledge of game debug systems
- Experience in playing PUBG or other Krafton titles for PC.
- Experience with the PUBG In-Game Replay Editor.
- Capable of creative ideation with advanced trailer editing techniques and styles.
- Ability to sound design and music edit audio at a final-level quality.
- Applying advanced post-effects to footage including compositing, camera- shake, transitions, color correction, or any other supporting software orplugins.
- Extensive knowledge in post-production workflows, including cutdowns, versioning, video codecs, transcoding, and media management.
- Able to contribute to brainstorm sessions with other creatives.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to compose outlines and/or treatments for trailers during pre-production.
- Self starter and fast learner who is ready to hit the ground running.
- Eye for composition and high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- 3+ years of capture experience in video game industry or external agency
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent work experience preferred